Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm back!

Sorry for the long break, but I think I really just needed some time away from a computer. I was at home for 2 weeks after my surgery and I think I may have gotten on the computer once or twice in that 2 week period. I did return to work last week, but worked from home every day. I am back in the office this week working away on a project that I don't think will ever happen, but if it does, at least I will be ahead of the game.

As far as my knee, I am actually doing pretty good with it. I do have my days where I try to do too much and end up having to ice down a swollen knee by the evening, but other than that, I think things are going well. Physical therapy is going as expected and I hope to only go one more time next week.

Soccer has been going great! Tyler scored his first goal of the season on Tuesday! Our team is undefeated (4-0)! It has been fun coaching them and watching them develop.

Church has been great! We have been going to a class on Wednesday nights called "Tyranny of the Urgent". It is a class that discusses our priorities and fosters discussion on how to decifer what we choose to do with our 24 hours each day. Everything seems so urgent and demands our immediate attention a lot of the times, but is it really urgent? Is it important? Is it really meant for you to deal with at all? I will talk more on this class later, but for now just wanted to mention it. The people at church have especially been great! We have received many cards, e-mails, several dinners, and a peace lilly over the past few weeks that I have been recovering from knee surgery and the passing of Megan's grandpa. He was 92 and lived in Oregon. He lived a long and fruitful life and will be missed by many!

Sorry to be so short with everything today, but I am getting ready to leave work and wanted to update my blog since it has been a while. One last thing ......... 37 days until we go on our cruise!!!

1 comment:

Mommy Jess said...

It's about time you were back. Sheesh. Is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 37 days?