Monday, March 31, 2008

Torn Medial Meniscus


So, I have a torn medial meniscus! I actually found out that I had it 2 years ago when I had an MRI. The doc then said we should not do anything to it to see if it might heal on it's own. All seemed to be well, but about 2 months ago my knee started to hurt again after playing basketball. Went to the doc about a week ago and had another MRI. It showed that the tear had actually more than doubled in size and he recommended that I undergo surgery. He'll actually just go in (arthroscopically) and remove the part that is torn. He said I'd be out anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks (he was hoping for 2 weeks b/c I am in fairly good shape). I'll also undergo therapy for a few weeks (physical therapy that is). I'm shooting to be back at work within two weeks (if not after the first week). I will update you more as the time nears and give you post-op updates. Surgery is April 15th. It seems like a fairly easy surgery and I'm sure everything will go just fine, but any prayers are appreciated! I'm sure Ryan will be praying for my surgery b/c he prays for everyone's surgeries .... even if they didn't have one! It just seems fitting though, in the past year or so:
My mom had a knee replacement.
My mother-in-law had a knee replacement.
My dad had a knee replacement.
My wife had some female surgery.
My mom fell and broke her leg (the same leg she had her knee replacement on).
My brother had shoulder surgery.
A friend of ours (JF) had surgery.
And now my knee surgery.
Even though a few of these surgeries took place a little over a year ago, Ryan still prays for them every night. If he prays for me half as much as he has prayed for the others, I should be alright!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about me? - M

Chris said...

Sorry honey! You, too! Love you!

Mommy Jess said...

Yeah, I noticed you left her out in the original list... You and your family are all pretty sick people...