Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan!


My youngest turns 4 today! The good news is that maybe we will turn the corner with his 3 yr. old attitude. The kid is stubborn! He does what he wants, when he wants, where he wants and how he wants. He looks like me, but acts like his mom!!! The bad news is that he is growing up!
I'm not sure if I'm ready for that! :(

We actually had his birthday party this past Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese (the place where his mom and I met and fell in love). Surprisingly, the birthday party was a pleasant experience. There was only one other party there at the same time so there weren't 200 kids running around. The only negative is when Chuck E. Cheese came out to sing Happy Birthday. Ryan bolted under the table and would not come out until Chuck E. left. I don't know what was wrong with him. We went to Disney World a year and half ago and Ryan didn't have any problems with the characters there. I guess because that is the "Happiest Place On Earth" (I can't wait to go back!).


Tonight, we are taking Tyler and Ryan, my parents and Megan's parents out to eat at Myabi's Japanese Steakhouse for Ryan's birthday. We have been there several times with the kids and every time we go they hide when the chef makes the grill burst into flames. I guess that is a good sign that they are scared of fire. At least they know to stay away from it! I guess we know that our kids aren't anywhere near like Beavis and Butthead. That's good to know! Hopefully tonight, we will have a pleasant experience and fun will be had by all.

Although you frustrate me 99% of the time, it's that 1% of sweetness that has got me hooked! It's that hug around my neck! It's when you tell me you love me! It's that cute little smile! It's those big blue eyes! It's when I tuck you in at night and I tell you "Good night, sweet dreams, I love you!" (it has to be exactly in that order, too). It's when you pray at bedtime for everyone that is sick or has had surgery (currently, my family has been plagued with surgery, but Ryan is solid in praying for each of them, even if the surgery was over a year ago!). In fact, he prayed for Tyler's surgery the other night just because he was sick! I guess he thinks if you're sick, you must have had some type of surgery! Very cute!

Anyways, Ryan, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

2 comments:

drsmom said...

Can't believe that he is that old already! There is good news to be found if you can hang in there long enough. At this age, he sounds so much like someone we know who goes by the name of Dustin. Enjoy the times you can, even if most of them seem frustrating...they grow up way too fast! By the way, just remember Ryan is "under construction" too! TC, PT
PS Wow I'm impressed...2 entries in 2 days!!!

Terry Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Ryan - you're really getting big!