Monday, October 20, 2008

7-0


I just would like to take a moment to express how excited I have been about Alabama football this year! It has been a long time since we have had something to get excited about. They are, of course, 7-0, but they have had a difficult time in maintaining the same intensity in the 2nd half as they do in the 1st half.

Hopefully, when we play Tennessee this weekend, we won't have that same problem. I know Tennessee is really stinking it up this year and everyone will expect Bama to walk away with a win, but Tennessee is still Tennessee and it is an SEC game. Looks like Bama will be playing without our top defensive player this weekend, too. Terrance Cody was injured in Saturday's win against Ole Miss with a sprained MCL. If we can get past Tennessee unscathed, we should follow that up with an easy win against Arkansas State before we face LSU @ LSU. Hopefully Cody will be ready to play by then.

Pam, if you are reading this, you know I love you and your family, but I hope Bama takes it to your VOLS this weekend. Please pass that along to Kaylen! And if for whatever reason Bama loses to UT, I will be back to eat some humble pie!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!


3 comments:

Terry Johnson said...

Bama crushes the Vols, and the rest of the SEC. The Tide are the only team physical enough to beat Texas - even without Mount Cody.

Just remember the UT theme song (as sung by UGA QB Buck Belue)

"I lost all my teeth in Rocky Top very early on in my life.

I really really love my family, so I made my sister my wife"

Roll Tide & Go Utes!!

Mommy Jess said...

Please, they will wipe Tennesee off the map and LSU stinks this year. I know "on paper" Alabama this and that, but they have earned some credit this year and I would not be worried about a thing if I were you! They don't need Mt. Cody to win. They only have 800 other talented players to work with.... I'd be on cloud 9 if Clemson was doing this well. Heck, I'd be on cloud 9 if Clemson could win another game. ;0)Can't wait for Bama to play the chickens next year!!!

CTBamaFan said...

I think our lack of 2nd half intensity has been the result of being up big and playing conservatively on offense. We need to stay with the game plan to keep our Defense off the field.

We should handle TN, but it's still Bama vs TN, an SEC game and a huge rivalry. I'm guessing they would like some revenge for last year too.

Yes, Gerri is going to Law School next year, place TBD. UA is her first choice. She has also applied to USC, Charleston,Cumberland, Stetson and will be applying to Mercer.

Our house will be up for sale in January, if you know anyone looking for a good deal on a 4/5 bedroom home in Easley. I think I can work out a nicer finders fee:)

Roll Tide Roll!