Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Popcorn Anyone?

So, I pick up my boys from school yesterday and as soon as Tyler, my 6 yr. old, gets in the car he told me that he and a friend of his came up with this great idea. He said that they were going to travel the world selling buttered popcorn to the masses! He was so excited and so serious about this plan of theirs. So I thought I would ask him a few questions about this entrepreneurship. The first question I asked was if he would leave his family behind to do this. He immediately said, "I knew you guys wouldn't want me to do this!" I guess my question wasn't being supportive of him. LOL. I was laughing so hard while driving down the road and I think it just started to burst his bubble. He started to look sad like I had stolen his dreams away. He then got so excited and said that he had another great idea. He said that he wouldn't have to leave us because we could travel the world with him to sell buttered popcorn. That way we would all still be together! He also said we could sell cheddar popcorn, too.

It was a very funny moment and one that I'll remember forever. The fact that at 6 years old he was trying to think about a way to make money (internationally, too!) was very cool! Hopefully, he will continue to think forward like this and one day he will be this big international business man (even if it is selling popcorn)! I did follow our conversation up by telling him that his mother and I would support him in whatever he chose to do with his life and if it was selling popcorn, then have at it! After all, Orville Redenbacher had to start somewhere, too, right?

With that being said, would anybody like to place a future order for some buttered or cheddar popcorn? If you have any special request, let me know and I will share them with Tyler!

(3 days until BAMA vs. Clemson ..... ROLL TIDE!)

2 comments:

Terry Johnson said...

Put Mrs. J down for a case of buttered, and Slammer for a case of natural!

Also tell Tyler, that I'll enjoy working for him one day!

Mommy Jess said...

I would like extra butter, and maybe some chocolate drizzle. Is there a payment plan? BTW- I gave him some free advertisement in my blog post today!