Monday, July 14, 2008

Up on the Knee Board and Finally in the Water

This past weekend we went to Brian and Jessica's lake house and had lots of fun! However, the fun was almost ruined on our way down to the lake. On the way there, we were driving on a long stretch of a 2 lane road (Highway 79 in Lincolnton Georgia about 15 minutes away from the lake house). Megan always gets on to me about driving too fast! Anyways, way ahead in the distance coming from the other direction the sheriff saw me speeding and turned on his lights. Megan said, "Chris, I think you're getting pulled over!" He and I were the only two cars on this road so sure enough he was coming for me. So, I slowed down and started to pull over and as he passed me he turned off his lights and continued to go down the road. My lucky day! Megan said that he probably just wanted to slow me down and that he was probably on his way home for dinner and didn't want to stop. I think he may have been a fellow Alabama fan and when he saw my BAMA tag on the front of my car he decided to cut me some slack! Just kidding! I don't know why he decided to let me go, but I'm glad that he did!

Anyway, Tyler tried to ski several times (which really surprised me) because he's always been so scared to try before. He did okay for his first time trying. Maybe next time he will try again and actually get up! He did, however, get on the knee board and did great! He went around a good ways on the lake and even made it through several big waves without wiping out! We circled around and let him go by the dock where Megan was swimming. I think she was more scared than he was. It was a very proud moment for us! I only wish that we had pictures of it!

Also, Ryan has never shown any interest in getting into the lake, but this time he finally got in! Granted he had the choke hold on whoever was holding him in the water, but he did get in! He constantly asked me if I was going to keep holding him or let him go. He was very loud about it, but he was very cute, too! I'm sure next year we won't be able to keep him out of the lake! That's the way it was with Tyler, too! Now, Tyler is like a fish!

Oh well, 19 days until our vacation at Myrtle Beach! 47 days until BAMA vs. Clemson!

ROLL TIDE!

2 comments:

Mommy Jess said...

Poor Ryan... let him hold on to you while he will. There will come a day when he won't want you anywhere near him! I wish we'd had the camera for Tyler's kneeboarding debut, too. It was too cute.

Terry Johnson said...

The boys are growing up fast!! I know 34 year old's that can't get up on water skis or knee boards, despite repeatedly trying for one week.