Thursday, July 3, 2008

Is it Football Season Yet?


Nope, not yet! However, it will be in 58 days! Although I always anticipate the start of college football, I normally do NOT count down the days. However, this year is different. This year Alabama's game opener is against Clemson. What's the big deal?

Well, as most of you know, I have always been a huge Alabama fan! Also, as most of you know, my wife is a huge Clemson fan and graduate. This presents an interesting situation in my house that has never happened before, at least since we've been together (15 years). They have never played each other since we have been together.

Now, I am first and foremost an Alabama fan, but have always liked Clemson, too. I guess you could say that they are my #2 team. My wife is first and foremost a Clemson fan, but has always liked Alabama, too (at least since we've been together). I guess you could say that Alabama is her #2 team. We are both very passionate about each of our teams! We both get very excited when our teams win and both get very upset when our teams lose.

So, how will August 30th play out? What if Alabama wins? Can I get all excited and be glad that my team wins? Should I celebrate like I do when they win any other game? Will that be like rubbing salt in her wounds? Should I be a humble winner? But, what if Clemson wins? What will she do? Megan, what will you do?

In one way, you could look at this as a win/win situation. We both like both teams playing, but each of us likes one or the other just a little bit more. It could also be a lose/lose situation, because whoever wins will no doubt be very happy and whoever loses will no doubt be very upset!

And what about leading up to August 30th? Will there be any trash talking going on? Well ..... of course there will! That's what we do when we are passionate about college football! So, Megan, and all of you other Clemson fans, don't hate me WHEN Alabama wins! ROLL TIDE ROLL!

3 comments:

Terry Johnson said...

You know that the Slammer was going to have to comment.

I'm split over this. As you know, my brother was a Georgia Bulldog, and I usually go to a Clemson game or two every year. This would lead everyone to think that I'd pull for Clemson.

However, listening to the radio when Clemson loses is even better. There's always someone that calls in and says "Following the loss to (opponent), Tommy Bowden should be fired. We're Clemson, we don't lose games. Why when Danny Ford was here in 1982, we won us a national championship". Memo to that guy that always calls in and says that- Clemson got put on probation for winning that national title because it was cheating.

I like Nick Saban, and I think he's a heck of a coach. But I don't think that Alabama has the talent to beat Clemson this season ( although they might have before all the suspensions/expulsions ).

I wish I could attend this game - but the tickets are already gone!

Mommy Jess said...

That's right, roll tide roll- right on out the door with your little crimson tails between your legs..... That's all I'll say about that. I'm afraid to talk too much smack, Alabama was actually pretty good last year. Go Tigers! (Roll, roll away tide. Keep goin'. That's right, far away. In shame.) Ok, I'm done. ;)

Anonymous said...

War Eagle!! is alls I got to say.

S