Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pray For My Momma!

I have just a quick prayer request that I would like to ask of those that read this blog.

(By the way, I have no idea who reads this. If you do read this, please leave a comment or send me an e-mail sometime! If you don't have my e-mail address let me know.)

I'll try to keep this short. As some of you may know, my Mom has had a terrible time with her leg. She broke it back in January in the mountains while her and Dad were trying to get away for the weekend. She had a really bad time with the healing process and with her incision closing up. She had to go to the wound clinic to get some help with the healing process. After many, many months, the incision healed, but she still had the bone itself trying to fuse back together and she has been doing physical therapy. She has also been unable to work most of this time. Last week she went to the doctor and found out that she had a staph infection in her leg so the doctor decided he needed to do surgery to remove the metal hardware that was keeping her bones together and clean out the infection with something similar to a pressure washer. The bones appeared to have fused back together nicely so he didn't reinstall new hardware in her leg, but she does have a pretty new incision about 4" long to go with the rest of her incisions. I just ask that you pray for her leg to heal quickly this time and without any bumps in the road. I know she would appreciate your prayers and so would I!

Mom, hang in there! Hopefully, this time will be the trick! Love you!

3 comments:

Terry Johnson said...

I will keep your mother in my prayers - sounds like she's been in a painful position, but is handling it with resiliency!

Mommy Jess said...

Of course lady J will be in our prayers, also. Tell her to quit going to that death trap of a hospital! Sheesh, poor gal. She has really been through it!

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in our prayers. There something special about those moms!!
S