Tuesday, February 12, 2008

P Trap Frustrations

You'll all be glad to know that I have not ran off to join the circus (as of today). In fact, my intrigue over the circus has diminished significantly over the last week. I'm sure it will not resurface again until next time they are in town. So with the circus having left town, what have I been doing? Well, I have been working on giving our 2 1/2 baths a facelift. We have replaced the "Old Yeller" formica laminate countertops from the 80's in each of the bathrooms with a cultured marble top. We have also replaced all of the chrome faucets with brushed nickel faucets. I must say that the new countertops and faucets have brought our bathrooms from the 1980's to the 1990's. All I have left to do in each bathroom is replace the brass light fixtures, find new mirrors, get new toilets, and paint over the 1980's paint on the walls and the cabinets. That should bring us "close" to being up to date! I can't wait to share with you my before and after pictures! We are very excited to be updating our bathrooms! I think you'll be amazed. If not, at least Megan and I will be!

However, I have had a major problem with installing the plumbing for the new faucets. You might have noticed that I entitled this post "P Trap Frustrations". What in the world is a "P Trap"? That's what some of you might be saying and that's what I was saying a week ago. A "P Trap" is the PVC piping that connects the drain pipe coming down from the sink to the sewage pipe going into your wall underneath your cabinets.


It's a pretty nifty setup. It keeps the gas smell from the sewer from coming into your home and stinking up your house. Anyway, I had to install new "P Traps" with each new faucet. Well, 3 out of the 4 are leaking. I spent 6 unsuccessful hours last Friday trying to figure out how to stop the leaks. So, I had to call my friend Brian, who happens to be a Jack of All Trades, on Saturday to help out. He spent an hour on them and they had all stopped leaking (or so we thought). Sunday morning before I left for church, I realized that the 3 began leaking again. To say the least, I am very frustrated and am ready to go Rambo in my bathrooms and throw a stick of dynamite underneath my brand new coutnertops and blow up the "P Traps" and everything else around them. Any suggestions on these leaks will be greatly appreciated! In fact, you are more than welcome to come on over and FIX THEM ALL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

mkugeAnd if that doesn't work- call Brian again.

Anonymous said...

You need to update your blog.-M